11.15.2010

Baby Snuggle Sew Along!

Just in time for Christmas sewing! My niece, Aubrey, needed a nice warm snuggle for her car seat. I made one for my 9 year old daughter so I figured I'd give it a shot for the baby too!

What you need:
Fleece
Sewing machine & Thread
A way to measure the child or baby you are making for

Okay! What you do is measure the person you are making for, you will need to know how many inches around the arms will be too so measure that. Give yourself lots of extra room in the length and the sleeves, you don't want a tight snuggle.

Cut and hem your blanket portion based on the size person you are sewing for. You don't have to hem fleece. You can leave it as is, tie it, fringe it, ect.
        
Cut a rectangle, twice as long as he arm length and the width of the arm. You will have a long rectangle. Hem the short ends (this will be the end of the sleeves). Fold in half lengthwise, right sides together to make  a long tube (pic A). Now, cut your tube in half. Tada! You have 2 sleeves!
           
Okay, attaching the arms! Here we go. Measure how far apart you want the sleeves and cut holes the same size around as your sleeves (pic B). I fold the blanket part in half and mark the second hole using the first as a template. That's easier for me. I hate measuring anything. lol
  
Now place one sleeve into one hole. You can pin it or stretch it to fit if you cut too large, don't stress it. Fleece is forgiving. Sew the sleeves on (pic C).

Guess what? You're done! Check out how cute my niece is!! :D 
    
Click pics to see them larger. Happy crafting!!






    


  

5 comments:

Karisa said...

This is so ridiculously cute! Thanks so much for sharing and for linking up at the FaveCrafts blog hop! I hope to see you back again next month too :) P.S. We're doing a special mailing of the FaveCrafts newsletter on Wednesday to recap the blog hop, and your project will be featured!

Anonymous said...

My partner and I really enjoyed reading this blog post, I was just itching to know do you trade featured posts? I am always trying to find someone to make trades with and merely thought I would ask.

Anonymous said...

Adorable--and I LOVE the owl print fleece!

olivia john said...

very cute.Thanks alot really I enjoyed reading your blog post.
Arts and Crafts Library

Anonymous said...

Thanks for an idea, you sparked at thought from a angle I hadn’t given thoguht to yet. Now lets see if I can do something with it.